Sunday, March 2, 2008

TIPS


  































I took a trip down town this evening to the Saturday Market. This was it's first weekend so it was quite crowded and I didn't feel as comfortable as I do later in the season for some reason.
These two pictures are of a one armed veteran who plays the guitar, harmonica and sings. He attached an extension of some kind off his right arm and that is how he strums his guitar. I thought these to work well in a series. I wish I got a picture of him playing, but he's been here for years so God willing I'll see him again. 
I like them together in a series.

6 comments:

Zachary said...

tips is GREAT! more contrast please!

Zachary said...

let me rephrase that. i think some parts can be burned in. if the whole contrast was upped the hands would be way too blown out.

R.E.BEL. said...

I brought down the color a bit... but more contrast in general I think would look great too. I will try burning them a bit more. I didn't want the red of the brick, I thought it took away from his crazy blue glasses...

Abe said...

I like what you did on the first photo, but I don't think it worked on the second one. I know you were trying to bring out the green in the money and shirt, this picture is just too harsh. It looks hot... or cold... or something. Great composition though. me like.

Anita Opazo said...

I like how you picked out the tip photo but I'd have to admit if it wasn't for your comments under the images I would just think it was a guy out for money...as there is no information that tells the viewer that he has a disability. I'd love to see an additional image of him playing his instruments to really make them a strong series with all the information the viewer needs to understand the story without words.

I enjoy the way you made his glasses pop with the color. It would be interesting to see this image with only his glasses saturated and the rest black and white...

Erica Bader said...

i like what you did with the colors and desaturation with these, but i feel like i need more information in the first one. and without the commentary i agree that its hard to tell that he's a musical vet instead of just someone shoving bills in his shorts.